Advanced Case Manager - Ballarat
- Location: Western - Ballarat
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Fixed term - full time
About this role
- Fixed Term, Full time positions based in Ballarat until April 2022
- Play a critical role in helping support community safety, managing smaller but dynamic caseloads
- Salary range $87,640 - $99,438 per annum plus superannuation
Passionate about therapeutic rehabilitation and have strong skills in case management? If you are looking for pivotal role helping keep the community safe, read on!
About the role
You will play a vital role supporting and managing offenders who have been issued court orders, by applying tailored and supportive case management approaches as they integrate into the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Motivate and influence a smaller, yet important case load of offenders that have served part of their sentence in custody
- Assess offender's risk of recidivism, and their rehabilitation, supervision, and programming needs
- Assist and support offenders to complete their order and to participate in targeted interventions
- Encourage offenders take ownership, accountability and responsibility to organise necessary appointments with other services required (such as Centrelink, housing, and medical appointments).
The successful candidate will be required to attend the office in the initial stage of employment and following will be required to work from home until directed, this is in line with the department's response to the COVID 19 pandemic.
We are seeking a driven individual, with the ability to demonstrate:
- knowledge of case management frameworks
- strong communication, where you can adapt your style accordingly
- a non-judgemental attitude, treating offenders with respect as members of our community
- the ability to apply theory to reduce risk and improve outcomes
- be comfortable working in a team environment, assisting other team members to work on shared goals
- ideally have exposure to complex groups such as homelessness, drug and alcohol, and child protection
- have the ability to practice ‘self-care', maintain a work/life balance, and reach out to colleagues, mentors, managers or external providers (including EAP) if required
A little about us
Corrections Victoria's purpose is to deliver an effective corrections system for a safe community. Community Correctional Services (CCS), is overseen by Corrections Victoria, a division of the Department of Justice and Community Safety. CCS is responsible for the management and supervision of prisoners on parole, clients under post sentence supervision and court orders.
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
For more details regarding this position please review the position description or contact:
Aaron Flintrop – Manager Court Practice on 0408 075 064
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Applications close at 11.59pm Sunday 7th of February.
To learn more about these positions, please join us in attending an information session where you will have the chance to learn more about the role and you'll learn about the recruitment process from our technical experts.
Please register your interest below:
Friday 22nd of January 2021, 12:30PM
During the COVID19 crisis all of our assessment processes will be facilitated remotely using various online tools. The Recruitment Services Team will work with you to find the most convenient method to ensure the safety and well-being of our candidates and staff members. No face to face contact is required and induction training will also be completed online for those who are successful in securing a position with us.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
|Location:||Western - Ballarat|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$87,640 - $99,438|
|Application Close Date:||07-Feb-2021|
|Attachments:|| PD - 0402 Advanced Case Manager, Ballarat, Fixed Term, Full Time.pdf (PDF, 1.09MB)
Aaron Flintrop – Manager Court Practice
0408 075 064