Aboriginal Case Manager - Broadmeadows
- Location: Melbourne - Northern Metro
- Job Function: Community Services
- Work Type: Fixed term - full time
About this role
- Full time, 12 month fixed term position based in Melbourne's North
- Support rehabilitation of clients while engaging with the Aboriginal Community
- Play a critical role in helping support community safety
Corrections Victoria's purpose is to deliver an effective corrections system for a safe community. Community Correctional Services (CCS), is overseen by Corrections Victoria, a division of the Department of Justice and Community Safety. CCS is responsible for the management and supervision of prisoners on parole, clients under post sentence supervision and court orders.
CCS is currently experiencing rapid growth in the offender population. In response to this, Corrections Victoria will embed evidence based practice across all areas of our work and target responses to the areas that will allow the greatest impacts to be made. This approach will contribute to a safer community and strengthen CCS for the future.
About the role
Corrections Victoria is committed to the delivery of responsive and culturally appropriate services that meet the objectives of the department's Aboriginal Justice Agreements.
Based in Broadmeadows, you will manage both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal offenders on court orders by conducting risk assessments, preparing case plans, providing interventions and addressing the underlying causes of offending.
You will provide culturally sensitive support to offenders to successfully complete their court orders, while balancing risks to community safety. You may also be required to provide advice to the Koori Court to assist in the sentencing process.
This is a prioritised role for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, who will be given priority consideration as per the special measures provision of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with members of the Victorian Koori Community
- an understanding of the Victorian Aboriginal Community, both socially and culturally, and the issues impacting on it
- an understanding of, or experience in, effective case management practices including proactively managing risk of complex individuals
- an understanding of, or experience in, modelling pro-social behaviours, with the ability to motivate and influence individuals who are being case managed
- assertiveness and confidence in dealing with individuals exhibiting challenging behaviours.
For further information, please contact Tanya Zita – Manager Court Practice on 0418 774 348.
Why work with us?
At the Department of Justice and Community Safety, we provide every person with the means to achieve their potential through ongoing learning and development opportunities in a diverse, equitable and supportive environment.
We look for people who are prepared to do their very best in line with our values and behaviours. Our values shape and influence how we recruit, train and develop our staff and build relationships with stakeholders.
We will also provide you with professional development opportunities, an employee assistance program, access to job opportunities across the Victorian Government, salary packaging and much more.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department's obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic). Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
At interview stage and prior to commencement of employment with the department, you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 with three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Upon commencement of employment with the department you will be required to provide evidence that you have an up-to-date vaccination status within the timelines specified by the department into the DJCS Service Portal. This includes evidence of three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine required by the department (from time to time).
Acceptable evidence includes:
- COVID-19 digital certificate with three doses registered (available via your myGov account)
- Your immunisation history statement (available via your myGov account)
Other documentation outside the above will not be accepted as evidence of having received your COVID-19 vaccine doses.
|Location:||Melbourne - Northern Metro|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Community Services|
|Salary Range:||$83,333 - $89,661|
|Job Duration:||12 Months|
|Application Close Date:||27-Mar-2023|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - (CCP3) - 1470 - Aboriginal Case Manager - Broadmeadows - Fixed term, full time - Mar 2023.docx (Word, 541KB)
Tanya Zita – Manager Court Practice
0418 774 348