Case Manager - Morwell
- Location: Gippsland - Various
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
About this role
- Ongoing, full-time opportunity based in Morwell
- Play a critical role in offender rehabilitation and community safety
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
Corrections Victoria's purpose is to deliver an effective corrections system for a safe community. Community Correctional Services (CCS), is overseen by Corrections Victoria, a division of the Department of Justice and Community Safety. CCS is responsible for the management and supervision of prisoners on parole, clients under post sentence supervision and court orders.
CCS is currently experiencing rapid growth in the offender population. In response to this, Corrections Victoria will embed evidence based practice across all areas of our work and target responses to the areas that will allow the greatest impacts to be made. This approach will contribute to a safer community and strengthen CCS for the future.
About the role
As a Case Manager, you will support offenders to successfully complete their court orders, while balancing risks to community safety.
Based in Morwell, you will manage a case load of offenders with a range of order requirements aimed at reducing their risk of reoffending. This includes conducting risk assessments, preparing case plans, providing interventions and addressing the underlying causes of offending. You will also be responsible for directing and monitoring compliance with offender's court order obligations.
You will utilise case management practices to actively engage offenders and ensure responsive, targeted interventions to assist in reducing their risk of reoffending.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- experience or understanding of effective case management practices; proactively managing risk with more complex individuals
- experience or understanding of modelling pro-social behaviours with an ability to motivate and influence individuals
- experience working in a legislative framework
- assertiveness and confidence in dealing with individuals exhibiting challenging behaviours
- capability to produce detailed reports and other standard documents in line with procedural guidelines.
A relevant qualification in social work, human services, criminal justice or criminology or experience in a related field is also desirable.
For more details regarding these positions, please contact:
- Danielle Sellens – Manager, Court Practice on 0408 351 171
Why work with us?
At the Department of Justice and Community Safety, we provide every person with the means to achieve their potential through ongoing learning and development opportunities in a diverse, equitable and supportive environment.
We look for people who are prepared to do their very best in line with our values and behaviours. Our values shape and influence how we recruit, train and develop our staff and build relationships with stakeholders.
We will also provide you with professional development opportunities, an employee assistance program, access to job opportunities across the Victorian Government, salary packaging and much more.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Location:||Gippsland - Various|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$83,333 - $89,661|
|Job Duration:||2x Ongoing, Full Time|
|Application Close Date:||12-Jun-2023|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - (CCP3) - 3616 and 3713 - Case Manager - Morwell and Wonthaggi - Ongoing, full time - Feb 2023.docx (Word, 540KB)
Danielle Sellens - Manager, Court Practice
Danielle.Sellens@justice.vic.gov.au | 0408 351 171