Aboriginal Case Manager - Morwell
- Location: Gippsland - Various
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
About this role
- Full time, ongoing position based in Morwell
- Salary range $79,889 - $85,956 per annum plus superannuation
- Engage with the Aboriginal Community to provide cultural support and rehabilitation
Corrections Victoria is committed to the delivery of responsive and culturally appropriate services that meet the objectives to reduce the overrepresentation of Aboriginal people within the Criminal Justice System as part of the Aboriginal Justice Agreement, through the provision of correctional supports and services that reduce the risk of reoffending.
Corrections Victoria (CV) understands that to reduce the overrepresentation of Aboriginal people in the justice system and to achieve a reduction in the rate of reoffending, unique strategies and initiatives must be implemented. Through its long-standing commitment to the Aboriginal Justice Agreement, the Aboriginal Social and Emotional Wellbeing Plan, the Aboriginal Inclusion Action Plan and in partnership with the Victorian Aboriginal community, CV has developed this unique Aboriginal Case Manager role.
About the role
As an Aboriginal Case Manager, you will be responsible for managing a caseload of both Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) and non-Aboriginal offenders using a range of order requirements to reduce the risk of reoffending. By developing individual cultural support plans and interventions, this role will also seek to address the underlying causes of offending whilst directing and monitoring compliance with court order obligations.
You will support offenders to successfully complete their court orders, while balancing risks to community safety. You will also be required to provide advice to the Koori Court to assist in the sentencing process.
This is an Aboriginal identified position; Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- have knowledge of case management processes and frameworks
- have the ability to develop relationships with Aboriginal organisations and other organisations that support and strengthen the case management process. have the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with members of the Victorian Aboriginal Community
- have knowledge and an understanding of the Victorian Aboriginal community and the social and cultural issues which impacting upon it.
- have knowledge and experience to provide strong personal guidance and advice, and have the ability to negotiate from a position of strength
assertiveness and confidence in dealing with individuals exhibiting challenging behaviours.
- an understanding of, or experience in, modelling pro-social behaviours, with the ability to motivate and influence individuals who are being case managed
For more information on the accountabilities and key selection criteria for the role, please refer to the attached position description.
Applicants are welcome to utilise support from the Aboriginal Employment Team throughout the recruitment process. Please visit https://www.justice.vic.gov.au/careers/aboriginal-and-torres-strait-island-employment for further information.
To find out more about the technical aspects of the role please speak to Ian Webb, Manager Court Practice 1300 395 734.
Why work with us?
At the Department of Justice and Community Safety, we provide every person with the means to achieve their potential through ongoing learning and development opportunities in a diverse, equitable and supportive environment.
We look for people who are prepared to do their very best in line with our values and behaviours. Our values shape and influence how we recruit, train and develop our staff and build relationships with stakeholders.
We will also provide you with professional development opportunities, an employee assistance program, access to job opportunities across the Victorian Government, salary packaging and much more.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
During the COVID-19 pandemic all of our assessment processes will be facilitated remotely using online tools to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and staff. Should you progress through the process, the Recruitment Services Team will communicate with you as to which tool(s) will be required.
The role will be performed remotely for candidates who are successful in securing a position with us and induction training will also be completed online.
|Location:||Gippsland - Various|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$79,889 - $85,956|
|Application Close Date:||14-Feb-2021|
|Attachments:|| Position Description CCP3 - Aboriginal Case Manager, Morwell - Ongoing, Full Time .pdf (PDF, 93KB)
Ian Webb, Manager Court Practice
1300 395 734