Case Manager - Melbourne Western Metro
- Location: Melbourne - Western Metro
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
About this role
- 1 x ongoing and 2 x fixed-term, full time opportunites based in West Metro Region
- Play a critical role in helping support community safety
- Salary range $82,101 - $88,336 p.a + superannuation
About the role
As a Case Manager, you will support offenders to successfully complete their court orders, while balancing risks to community safety.
You will manage a case load of offenders with a range of order requirements aimed at reducing their risk of reoffending. This includes conducting risk assessments, preparing case plans, providing interventions and addressing the underlying causes of offending. You will also be responsible for directing and monitoring compliance with offender's court order obligations.
You will utilise case management practices to actively engage offenders and ensure responsive, targeted interventions to assist in reducing their risk of reoffending.
The ongoing role is located in Melton and the fixed-term opportuntities are located one at Sunshine and one at Werribee. You may be required to work across the entire West Metro region to meet business needs.
We are seeking a driven individual, with the ability to demonstrate:
- experience or understanding of effective case management practices; proactively managing risk with more complex individuals
- experience or understanding of modelling pro-social behaviours with an ability to motivate and influence individuals
- experience working in a legislative framework
- assertiveness and confidence in dealing with individuals exhibiting challenging behaviours
- capability to produce detailed reports and other standard documents in line with procedural guidelines.
A relevant qualification in social work, human services, criminal justice or criminology or experience in a related field is also desirable.
A little about us
Corrections Victoria's purpose is to deliver an effective corrections system for a safe community. Community Correctional Services (CCS), is overseen by Corrections Victoria, a division of the Department of Justice and Community Safety. CCS is responsible for the management and supervision of prisoners on parole, clients under post sentence supervision and court orders.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
As a result of ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, all of our assessment processes will be facilitated remotely using online tools to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and staff. Should you progress through the process, the Recruitment Services Team will communicate with you as to which tool(s) will be required.
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department's obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic).
Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
Prior to commencement of employment with the department you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19. Acceptable evidence includes:
|Location:||Melbourne - Western Metro|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$82,101 - $88,336|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jul-2022|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - (CCP3) - 5428 - Case Manager - Melton - Ongoing, full time - May 2022.docx (Word, 539KB)
Helen Hammett - Manager, Court Practice