Aboriginal Parole Officer - Broadmeadows
- Location: Melbourne - Northern Metro
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
About this role
- Full-time, ongoing opportunity based in Broadmeadows
- Salary $88,955 - $100,930 plus superannuation
- Work with Aboriginal justice networks to identify appropriate support to strengthen case management for Aboriginal offenders
Corrections Victoria's purpose is to deliver an effective corrections system for a safe community. Community Correctional Services (CCS) is overseen by Corrections Victoria, a division of the Department of Justice and Community Safety. CCS is responsible for the management and supervision of prisoners on parole, clients under post sentence supervision and court orders.
Corrections Victoria (CV) is committed to the delivery of responsive and culturally appropriate services that meet the objectives of the Aboriginal Justice Agreements to reduce the overrepresentation of Aboriginal people within the Criminal Justice System through the provision of correctional supports and services that reduce the risk of reoffending.
About the role
Aboriginal Parole Officers (APOs) are responsible for delivering quality case management to a complex caseload of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal prisoners on parole, including the highest priority sex and violent prisoners on parole - Serious Violent Offenders (SVOs) and Sex Offenders (SOs) under correctional supervision. APOs will be required to work autonomously and ensure that the management of prisoners on parole under their supervision are case managed in line with the CV Offender Management Framework.
As the Aboriginal Parole Officer (APO) you will contribute to a strengthened and integrated risk assessment and management framework, including the transition process from imprisonment into the community, through developing strong links with Aboriginal agencies and maintaining close partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
You may be required to work flexible hours or shift work, including weekends and public holidays, and attend call outs as required. Appropriate remuneration will be applied for the above in accordance with the Victorian Public Service Enterprise Agreement (2020).
This position is based across both the Broadmeadows and Coolaroo Justice Service Centres. This is a great opportunity to work within a dedicated and supportive team.
This position is classified under 'Special Measures' of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with members of the Victorian Aboriginal Community.
- Demonstrated experience in achieving client outcomes through advanced case management of highly complex individuals, including proven needs assessment and intervention skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Aboriginal Community, both society and culture and the issues impacting on it.
- Demonstrated understanding and/or practice of effective case management practices, proactively managing risk with more complex individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding and/or practice of modelling pro social behaviours and ability to motivate and influence individuals who are being case managed.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
Applicants are welcome to utilise support from the Aboriginal Employment Team throughout the recruitment process. Please visit https://www.justice.vic.gov.au/careers/aboriginal-and-torres-strait-island-employment for further information.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
We would like to invite you to our online (Webinar) Information Session facilitated by Recruitment Services, Department of Justice and Community and Safety for current and upcoming Aboriginal Parole Officer opportunities across North Metropolitan Melbourne.
Information Session will be held on:
Tuesday 30 November 2021 at 5:30 pm
|Location:||Melbourne - Northern Metro|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$88,955 - $100,930|
|Application Close Date:||05-Dec-2021|
|Attachments:|| Position Description CCP4 - Aboriginal Parole Officer - Broadmeadows.docx (Word, 535KB)
Dylan Reynolds - Principal Practitioner
Dylan.email@example.com ph 0448 208 972