Court Assessment and Prosecutions Officer - Horsham
- Location: Western - Horsham
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
About this role
- Ongoing, Full Time opportunity based in the Grampians region
- Salary range $81,087 - $87,245 plus superannuation
- Develop your experience in working in the courts with continuous learning and development opportunities
Corrections Victoria's purpose is to deliver an effective corrections system for a safe community. Community Correctional Services (CCS) is a state-wide service that provides management and supervision of prisoners on parole, clients under post sentence supervision and court orders.
CCS is currently experiencing rapid growth in the offender population. In response to this, Corrections Victoria will embed evidence-based practice across all areas of our work and target responses to the areas that will allow the greatest impacts to be made. This approach will contribute to a safer community and strengthen CCS for the future.
About the role
Based in Horsham, in the court practice stream, as the Court Assessment and Prosecutions Officer, you will:
- conduct assessments to determine an offender's suitability for a court order and provide relevant recommendations
- facilitate order variations and prosecute offenders who fail to comply with their orders
- provide timely, well organised and evidence-based advice regarding an offender's risk to community safety.
The position will be required to adhere to local or regional rostering arrangements and other staffing management practices as directed.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- experience or knowledge of court processes, prosecutions or related areas
- an ability to provide human services in needs assessment and development of interventions
- capability to provide evidence-based advice and recommendations to the court that maximise offender responsiveness interventions
- an ability to manage offenders exhibiting challenging behaviours and escalate as required.
A relevant qualification in social work, law, human services, criminal justice or criminology and experience in a court advice, assessments or prosecutions field is also desirable.
For more details regarding these positions, please contact:
- John Oro – A/Manager, Court Practice on 0427 561 020.
In accordance with the Jobs and Skills Exchange Recruitment Policy, only Victorian Public Service employees are eligible to apply for this position. People on labour hire contracts, such as agency staff and contractors, are not eligible to apply
How to apply
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
Please note: When submitting your application online, there will be questions pertaining to a number of the position's Key Selection Criteria to which you are required to respond.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
During the COVID-19 pandemic all of our assessment processes will be facilitated remotely using online tools to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and staff. Should you progress through the process, the Recruitment Services Team will communicate with you as to which tool(s) will be used. The role will be performed remotely for candidates who are successful in securing a position with us and induction training will also be completed online.
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department's obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic).
Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
Prior to commencement of employment with the department you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19. Acceptable evidence includes:
|Location:||Western - Horsham|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$81,087 - $87,245|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jun-2022|
|Attachments:|| Position Description [CCP3] - Court Assessment & Prosecutions Officer (1).docx (Word, 535KB)
John Oro - A/Manager Court Practice
firstname.lastname@example.org ph 0427 561 021