Prison Officer - Melbourne CBD and Ravenhall
- Location: Melbourne - Western Metro
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
About this role
- Multiple full-time and casual positions available at Melbourne Assessment Prison and Metropolitan Remand Centre
- Bring your life experience and get paid to train on the job
- Help make the community a safer place for everyone
If you're a good communicator and enjoy achieving positive outcomes, then you have the qualities needed to make a great prison officer. Whatever work background you're from – retail, hospitality, administration, construction, education, healthcare, manufacturing or community services (to name a few) - your experience has already set you up to succeed in this role.
What's in it for you
- Earn up to $84,241 with a base salary $58,358 plus standard penalty rates and overtime
- Enjoy job security and the satisfaction of making a real difference
- 41 days paid full-time training
- Complete a Certificate III in Correctional Practice (Adult Custodial)
- Be a positive influence on prisoners
- Protect the safety and security of staff and prisoners
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold Australian permanent residency.
- Hold a current Victorian driver's license (minimum P2 category) and be willing to obtain a first-aid certificate.
- Undergo pre-employment checks that may include national police checks, misconduct screening and traffic offences.
- A level of health and fitness is required. Learn more by taking a close look at this fact sheet and by completing a self-assessment.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. The Department of Justice and Community Safety is continually working towards increasing our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) workforce. The Aboriginal Employment Team aims to attract, recruit and retain Aboriginal staff in a number of roles, including prison officers. This support includes a culturally appropriate attraction and recruitment process. To learn more, email email@example.com
Once you start the application, it needs to be completed in one sitting. Allow 30 minutes to complete the application form.
Applications close at midnight, on Sunday 11 December 2022
|Location:||Melbourne - Western Metro|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$58,358 - $74,941|
|Application Close Date:||11-Dec-2022|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Prison Officer - COG1 2a - 2022.pdf (PDF, 225KB)
Health Assessment_Prison Officer_Fact Sheet_2022.pdf (PDF, 164KB)
Recruitment Process - Prison Officer - 2022.pdf (PDF, 151KB)