Prison Officer - Expression of Interest
- Location: VIC - Multiple Locations
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Other
About this role
You will get a real sense of purpose out of being a prison officer. You're doing two important things for the community: you're keeping potentially dangerous people safe in a secure facility, and you're helping many offenders take the first steps to becoming more positive contributors to our shared lives.
You must be someone who truly believes you can help people change. As part of our case management program, you will be given a case load of prisoners and will guide these men or women to adopt positive behaviours, while also maintaining important family and community connections. This is when your ability to reserve your judgement and find common ground with anyone will be so valuable.
You have read this far, so chances are you are already interested in applying for this great role. If you would like to hear about future recruitment campaigns, we encourage you to sign up to our mailing list by clicking APPLY ONLINE at the bottom of the page.
Please note, your expression of interest is not considered a job application; You will need to complete an application for the roles you're interested in.
COVID-19 has altered the way people the world over live and work. However, prison officers are essential frontline workers, and while many new health and safety precautions have been instituted in our prisons, our officers continue to do their important work every day. It's not a job that can be done from home and it's not a job that can stop. That means that these are secure roles that you can build a life around.
- Barwon Prison (near Geelong)
- Beechworth Correctional Centre (near Wodonga and Wangaratta)
- Dame Phyllis Frost Centre (Western Suburbs, Melbourne)
- Dhurringile Prison (near Shepparton)
- Hopkins Correctional Centre (near Ararat)
- Langi Kal Kal Prison (near Ballarat)
- Loddon and Middleton Prisons (near Bendigo)
- Marngoneet Correctional Centre & Karreenga (near Geelong)
- Melbourne Assessment Prison & the Courts (Melbourne CBD)
- Metropolitan Remand Centre (Western Suburbs, Melbourne)
- Tarrengower Prison (near Bendigo)
|Location:||VIC - Multiple Locations|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$57,638 - $74,016|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2022|
|Attachments:|| Prison Officer Recruitment Process.DOC (Word, 1.39MB)
Prison Officer - Health Assessment Fact Sheet.pdf (PDF, 624KB)
Prison officer - Position Description.doc (Word, 780KB)
Prison Officer - Health Assessment Fact Sheet.pdf (PDF, 165KB)