CCS Student Placement Program 2022
- Location: VIC - various
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Various
About this role
CCS Student Placement Program – Court Case Management Stream
Community Correctional Services (CCS) is a state-wide service focused on the management of offenders in the community who are serving court, parole and post sentence orders. CCS seeks to improve community safety and reduce recidivism through risk management, holistic service provision and strengths based case management approaches.
The CCS Student Placement Program provides a structured learning program for students studying relevant qualifications in the areas of criminal justice, criminology, social work, psychology, community services and human services disciplines.
This placement is particularly suitable for students seeking a career in case management and focuses on case administration and case management functions. Students will work alongside experienced case managers on cases involving involuntary clients.
Throughout the course of the placement, students will engage in observation and support functions. This involves seeing and reflecting on offender interviews and supervision sessions, assisting in the completion of required administrative work and engaging with internal and external treatment providers and other stakeholders.
Students may also have opportunities to experience a wider range of roles and functions including parole case management, court assessment and prosecutions, community work and partnerships.
Preferred candidate profile:
CCS is seeking students who are passionate about working with complex clients using a holistic and strengths based approach to case management. A preferred candidate will be dedicated toward motivating involuntary clients towards positive change with a view to reducing their risk of recidivism.
A successful candidate will:
- have high level communication skills (written and verbal),
- have high level organisation and time management skills,
- have strong report writing skills,
- be resilient and will practice self-care, and
- be hard working and take initiative during the course of their placement.
For further details, please see the position description.
How to apply:
- Work Integrated Learning Coordinator/Educator must assess students' eligibility and suitability for the placement by assessing them against the position description and eligibility requirements
- Once the WIL Coordinator/Educator is satisfied that the student is eligible and suitable, they will fill out and sign a formal endorsement form which will be provided to the student
- The WIL Coordinator will invite the student to apply by forwarding them the application link and endorsement form
- The student is required to complete the online application
Please be aware that students are required to complete an interview with their potential supervisor. In line with departmental policy, students who are successful at interview will also undergo security checks, including National Police Check and Fingerprints Check.
To view the position description and full list of eligibility criteria, please visit https://www.corrections.vic.gov.au/student-placement-position-description
|Location:||VIC - various|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||See Advertisement|
|Job Duration:||200 hours|
|Application Close Date:||26-Aug-2022|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - CCS Student Placement Program.docx (Word, 363KB)
CCS Student Placement - Endorsement Form (online).PDF (PDF, 1,001KB)
CCS Student Placement - Endorsement Form (print).PDF (PDF, 86KB)
Muy Ung - CCS Workforce Development