Youth Justice Team Leader - Wodonga
- Location: North East - Wodonga
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Fixed term - full time
About this role
- Fixed Full Time opportunity until 1 June 2023 based in Wodonga
- Salary range $99,009 - $109,247 plus superannuation
- Contribute to community safety and reducing recidivism in young people
The Department of Justice and Community Safety is responsible for the statutory supervision of young people in the criminal justice system.
The Department's Youth Justice Service provides programs and resources to assist young people to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes to manage their lives effectively without further offending. Through supervision, offending related programs and linkages to appropriate support services, the youth justice service promotes opportunities for rehabilitation and contributes to the reduction of crime in the community.
About the role
In Hume Region, the Youth Justice Team Leader provides leadership to the team and manages key portfolio(s) from our regional plan whilst also providing case management and support services to complex, high risk young people.
The role focuses on key portfolio areas such as court advice, Youth Offending Programs, and practice improvement.
The Hume Youth Justice team prides themselves on a supportive and collaborative team environment, to be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong knowledge and experience in case management practice and experience in coordinating rehabilitative interventions for young people with complex needs at high risk of offending in the community
- Be professionally accountable for autonomous decisions that impact on clients and staff, made within bounds of department policy and with management support.
- Flexibility in working within a dynamic team to meet the needs of the Hume Region Youth Justice team. This may involve taking on caseloads in addition to supervision duties.
- A Bachelor of Social Work or Diploma in Community Services Work is highly desirable. Other tertiary qualifications at Diploma level or above will be considered only if they include units of study in case management/casework practice and have had supervised practical work placements.
- A full driver's licence is required.
- A current employee Working with Children Check (WWCC) card is also required and will need to be provided prior to commencement of employment by the applicant. Currency will need to be maintained by the employee for the period of employment.
For more details regarding this position, please contact:
- Martin Ellemor – Regional General Manager on 0407 877 850.
Why work with us?
At the Department of Justice and Community Safety, we provide every person with the means to achieve their potential through ongoing learning and development opportunities in a diverse, equitable and supportive environment.
We look for people who are prepared to do their very best in line with our values and behaviours. Our values shape and influence how we recruit, train and develop our staff and build relationships with stakeholders.
We will also provide you with professional development opportunities, an employee assistance program, access to job opportunities across the Victorian Government, salary packaging and much more.
FOR INTERNAL VPS EMPLOYEES:
For all VPS employees, due to the new JSE policy, please apply through the JSE only to be considered for this position.
For this particular vacancy, priority consideration applies to Victorian Public Service (VPS) and select employees of the Victorian Public Sector who apply through the Jobs Skills Exchange (JSE) jobs board platform.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
Please note: When submitting your application online, there will be questions pertaining to a number of the position's Key Selection Criteria to which you are required to respond.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department's obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic).
Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated (two vaccinations plus a booster) against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
Prior to commencement of employment with the department you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19.
|Location:||North East - Wodonga|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$99,009 - $109,247|
|Job Duration:||Until 1 June 2023|
|Application Close Date:||10-Jul-2022|
|Attachments:|| Position Description CYF4 - YJ0031 - Youth Justice Team Leader - Wodonga - Fixed Term full time - June 2022.docx (Word, 535KB)
Martin Ellemor on 0407 877 850