Senior Prison Officer (Locksmith)
- Location: Geelong - Barwon area
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
About this role
- Utilise your locksmith knowledge and skills to provide repairs and maintenance across correctional facilities in Victoria.
- 2 x ongoing, full time opportunities to work with a high-performing and passionate team in the Victorian Public Service.
- COG2B classification: $76,581 - $88,065 plus superannuation.
The Department of Justice and Community Safety (the department) is seeking two Senior Prison Officer's (Locksmith) to provide a critical role in the Security and Intelligence Division of Corrections Victoria.
The Security and Intelligence Division is responsible for the acquittal of several key strategic functions within Corrections Victoria (CV) including Security Risk Management, Electronic Monitoring, Correctional Emergency Response, and Emergency Management including exercising plans and contingencies, and Intelligence.
The Security Standards Unit (SSU) is responsible for several of these strategic functions focused on Security Risk Management, Physical Security, Annual Procedural Security Reviews, Schematic Plans, and State-Wide Locksmith Services and maintaining a range of policy documents. The SSU is responsible for monitoring the minimum-security requirements for all prisons and secure locations on an annual basis, as well as ensuring that the standards are reviewed regularly. The unit also provides assistance, advice and support to CV relating to Security, Security Risk Management, Fire Response and Emerging Technology.
About the role
The Locksmith Services team provides specialist technical services to CV, Post Sentence Branch (PSB) and Youth Justice Custodial Services (YJCS). They are also periodically called upon for specialist advice and services from other Department of Justice and Community Safety (DJCS) business units, as required.
The Locksmiths Services team is responsible for the planning, maintenance, management and installation of all locks, keys, and other associated hardware. They are also responsible for the management and administration of the CV restricted key and lock system.
The Locksmiths Services team maintains the ability to respond to all CV, PSB and YJCS locations on a 24 hour a day standby roster.
Some of your duties will include:
- Maintain security and control of prisoners (where required on CV sites) whilst undertaking Locksmith tasks including appropriate tool and hardware control.
- Ensure the safe and secure disposal of unwanted locks, keys, tool components (blades etc.) and security risk items as required.
- Evaluate and implement new security equipment as required, including knowledge of new technologies.
To learn more about this role before applying, please read the attached position description.
As our successful candidate, you will have a comprehensive knowledge of locking systems and equipment.
- A recognised and current Locksmith qualification is required.
- The ability to undertake and complete the Pre-Service Training, completion of Victorian Prison Officer Pre-Service Training, or training in an equivalent jurisdiction.
- A current manual Victorian Driver Licence is required.
- A current Working with Children Check, or the ability to obtain one is required.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
FOR INTERNAL VPS EMPLOYEES:
For this particular vacancy, priority consideration applies to Victorian Public Service (VPS) and select employees of the Victorian Public Sector who apply through the Jobs Skills Exchange (JSE) jobs board platform.
For all VPS employees, due to the new Jobs Skills Exchange (JSE) policy, please apply through the JSE to be eligible to be considered for this position in the first round.
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department's obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic). Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
At interview stage and prior to commencement of employment with the department, you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 with three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Upon commencement of employment with the department you will be required to provide evidence that you have an up-to-date vaccination status within the timelines specified by the department into the DJCS Service Portal. This includes evidence of three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine required by the department (from time to time).
Acceptable evidence includes:
- COVID-19 digital certificate (available via your myGov account)
- Your immunisation history statement (available via your myGov account)
Other documentation outside the above will not be accepted as evidence of having received your COVID-19 vaccine doses.
|Location:||Geelong - Barwon area|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$77,730 - $89,386|
|Application Close Date:||02-Apr-2023|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Prison Officer (Locksmith).docx (Word, 540KB)
Ken Seymour on 0477 765 315