Corrections Intelligence Analyst - Team Leader
- Location: Melbourne - Western Metro
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
About this role
- Exciting opportunity to supervise and develop intelligence officers, in an established and high-performing team
- Ongoing, full time role available
- VPS Grade 4: $90,067 - $102,192 plus superannuation
The Department of Justice and Community Safety (the department) is seeking a Corrections Intelligence Analyst – Team Leader to play a critical role at the Corrections Victoria Intelligence Unit.
About the business unit
Corrections Victoria Intelligence Service (CVIS) is the overarching intelligence service for Corrections Victoria (CV) and its stakeholders. The CVIS is comprised of the primary intelligence unit known as the Corrections Victoria Intelligence Unit (CVIU), and localised prison intelligence units located at the public and private prison facilities in Victoria.
About the role
The Corrections Intelligence Analyst – Team Leader sits within the CVIU and has a role of providing leadership and direction to intelligence officers along with day-to-day operational support for all intelligence related matters conducted by the CVIU. The position reports to an Intelligence Manager of CVIU and will contribute to tactical, operational and strategic intelligence functions.
The role is expected to lead the collection, collation, recording and analysis of information available to the CVIU, and to develop this information for presentation to management, and for information dissemination to authorised persons and external agencies. This position supports Youth Justice management in maintaining the security, good order and management of Youth Justice facilities. Some examples include producing intelligence to identify and prevent violence, offender escapes/absconds, the introduction and usage of contraband, serious incidents or unrest, and to assist in the safe management of young people in detention.
The position is primarily based at Cherry Creek Youth Justice Precinct but may be required to work from other locations if a business need arises.
Some of your duties will include:
- Supervise and develop intelligence officers, leading the collection, collation, analysis, and controlled dissemination and reporting of intelligence information to support decision makers in a timely manner.
- Engage with the Intelligence Manager for ongoing supervision, resource management, performance rating and development of intelligence officers.
- Prepare complex strategic intelligence reports and briefings for senior management, and provide authoritative strategic advice on the results of intelligence gathering, including the identification and evaluation of emerging threats, opportunities, patterns and trends relating to the activities of youth justice offenders, which affect the security and good order of the Youth Justice and correctional facilities.
- Support CV and YJ Management, staff and external agencies by participating in the development and planning of intelligence-led operations at correctional facilities.
- Develop systems to facilitate more effective and efficient information collection, recording, analysis and dissemination of intelligence information within Corrections Victoria, Youth Justice and to its stakeholders.
To learn more about this role before applying, please read the attached position description.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Knowledge of the CV and Youth Justice systems, and key issues impacting the system.
- Knowledge of contemporary principles and practices that apply to intelligence function within the criminal justice system and across intelligence agencies.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and information management systems, preferably Palantir, DHHS CRIS and/or other data managing technologies.
- Knowledge of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005, Corrections Act 1986, Corrections Regulations 2019 and the Serious Offenders Act 2018.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
FOR INTERNAL VPS EMPLOYEES:
For all VPS employees, due to the new JSE policy, please apply through the JSE only to be considered for this position.
For this particular vacancy, priority consideration applies to Victorian Public Service (VPS) and select employees of the Victorian Public Sector who apply through the Jobs Skills Exchange (JSE) jobs board platform.
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department's obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic). Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
Prior to commencement of employment with the department you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19.
Upon commencement of employment with the department you will be required to provide evidence that you have an up-to-date vaccination status within the timelines specified by the department into the DJCS Service Portal. This includes evidence of all doses of a COVID-19 vaccine required by the department (from time to time).
Acceptable evidence includes:
- COVID-19 digital certificate or ATAGI exemption certificate (available via your myGov account)
- Your immunisation history statement (available via your myGov account)
Other documentation outside the above will not be accepted as evidence of having received your COVID-19 vaccine doses.
|Location:||Melbourne - Western Metro|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$90,067 - $102,192|
|Application Close Date:||09-Oct-2022|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - VPS4 Corrections Intelligence Analyst (Team Leader) - September 2022.docx (Word, 541KB)
Alice Phan on 0428 478 658