Senior Strategy and Engagement Officer
- Location: Melbourne - CBD
- Job Function: Consulting and Strategy
- Work Type: Fixed term - full time
About this role
- An exciting opportunity within the Integrity, Legal and Law Reform branch of Department of Justice and Community Safety
- VPSG 5 Classification - $103,920 - $125,735
- One (1) fixed-term, full-time opportunity available to 27/02/2023
The Integrity, Legal and Law Reform Group provides legal, policy, integrity and assurance expertise to the Department of Justice and Community Safety (DJCS) and Justice Ministers. Integrity and Reviews provide integrity and assurance expertise and support the DJCS staff at the Post Sentence Authority and the Inspector-General for Emergency Management.
Integrity and Investigations is comprised of four streams of work:
- Integrity Culture manages DJCS' Integrity Framework, Integrity Strategy and Child Safety compliance
- Intelligence and Detection lead the management of e-forensic and intelligence activities
- Conduct and Corruption Investigations undertake investigations into allegations of corruption, misconduct and reportable conduct (including referrals to integrity agencies) and manage DJCS' Public Interest Disclosures.
- Integrity Operations, manage DJCS' engagement and responses to the state integrity agencies, including the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC) and the Victorian Ombudsman (VO).
About the Role
The Senior Strategy and Engagement Officer uses their strong written and verbal communication skills to create and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and quickly, accurately, and clearly report complex information and ideas.
This role will involve drafting high quality written briefings and correspondence to various audiences including the Secretary and Ministers, Victoria's Integrity agencies, committees, and governance groups. It will also involve leading I&R's stakeholder engagement and communications including intranet content, papers for governance groups, Possible Parliamentary Questions (PPQs), Public Accounts and Estimates Committee (PAEC) briefings, annual report content, and contributing to divisional strategic projects including the red and blue book during election periods.
As our ideal candidate, you will possess:
- Highly developed written communication skills including experience developing briefs, correspondence, reports, project plans and policy options and recommendations on complex issues which are clear, comprehensive and provide strong support for a preferred position or action
- Experience in developing communications activities including newsletters, intranet content and talking points
- Experience in coordinating whole-of-department or divisional responses
- A strong ability to identify issues in common for one or more clients or stakeholders and use them to build mutually beneficial partnerships, as well as identifying and responding to a stakeholder's underlying needs. Also uses understanding of the stakeholder's organisational context to ensure outcomes are achieved
- A strong ability to gain agreement to proposals and ideas, and build behind the scenes support for ideas to ensure buy-in and ownership. Also uses chains of indirect influence to achieve outcomes, and involves experts or other third parties to strengthen case
- Adapts systems and processes quickly to changed priorities and situations
- There are no mandatory qualifications for this role, however a relevant qualification in a related discipline would be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department's obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic).
Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
Prior to commencement of employment with the department you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19. Acceptable evidence includes:
COVID-19 digital certificate (available via your myGov account)
Your immunisation history statement (available via your myGov account) or
A letter from the GP who vaccinated you.
|Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Consulting and Strategy|
|Salary Range:||$103,920 - $125,735|
|Application Close Date:||21-Aug-2022|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - DJ1382 - Senior Strategy and Engagement Officer - VPS5 - March 2022.pdf (PDF, 208KB)
Giorgia Moar on 0428 549 378