Project Officer, Local Aboriginal Justice Action Committee
- Location: Loddon Mallee Region - Negotiable
- Job Function: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
About this role
- Salary $87,640 - $99,438 plus superannuation
- Ongoing, Full Time role based in the Loddon Mallee Region
- Make a difference in our community
The Koori Justice Unit, within the department is primarily responsible for co-ordinating the implementation of the Aboriginal Justice Agreement (AJA) across the Victorian Government and justice system.
The AJA has established extensive Government and Community networks through the Regional Aboriginal Justice Advisory Committee Network (RAJAC) and the Local Aboriginal Justice Action Committees (LAJAC) and uses them to effectively deliver initiatives including the Community Initiative Program, Night Patrol Program, Frontline Youth Initiatives Program, Koori Offender Support and Mentoring Program and other initiatives in accordance with the AJA.
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Officer, Loddon Mallee Regional Aboriginal Justice Advisory Committee (RAJAC), as the Project Officer, LAJAC you will provide project support through the operational development to provide services that best meet the needs of Victoria's diverse growing needs, the Department of Justice and Community Safety.
You will also be required to provide ongoing project and administrative support to the Executive Officer, RAJAC and assist in the delivery of projects that are culturally appropriate and responsive, as well as promotion of all AJA initiatives within the region: You will be responsible for and not limited to:
- promoting the Victorian Aboriginal Justice Agreement and community grant initiatives in the region
- coordinating the Aboriginal Justice Staff Network in the Loddon Mallee region and assisting in developing the local planning process
- developing, enhancing and maintaining cross agency linkages for the LAJAC and providing leadership between the Aboriginal community and justice agencies.
This position will cover the Loddon, Buloke and Campaspe shires.
This is an Aboriginal Identified Position. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants are welcome to utilise support from the Aboriginal Employment Team throughout the recruitment process
To be successful in this role you will have:
- the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with the members of the Victorian Aboriginal community
- experience in gaining respect from stakeholders, based on expertise and by using effective negotiation techniques to motivate others
- a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Aboriginal community, both society and culture and the issues impacting on it.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
All candidates are given the opportunity to utilise support from the Aboriginal Employment Team throughout the recruitment process with the team contactable via email at email@example.com
Please visit https://www.justice.vic.gov.au/careers/aboriginal-and-torres-strait-island-employment for further information.
|Location:||Loddon Mallee Region - Negotiable|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander|
|Salary Range:||$87,640 - $99,438|
|Application Close Date:||27-Jan-2021|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - DJ6404 - Project Officer, Local Aboriginal Justice Action Committee - VPS Grade 4 - FINAL.docx (Word, 459KB)
Krystal Henderson on: 0428 834 809