General Manager, Tarrengower Prison
- Location: North West - Central Goldfields
- Job Function: Prison and Corrective Services
- Work Type: Ongoing - full time
About this role
- Bring collaborative team leadership to ensure community safety
- Have a positive impact on successful reintegration and transition
- Opportunity to create a culture of support and positivity
The Department of Justice and Community Safety (the department) is seeking a General Manager to provide a critical role within Tarrengower Prison.
About the Business Unit
Tarrengower Prison is the only minimum-security female prison in Victoria and houses up to 72 women. It focuses on release preparation for the women, and provides them with programs and transitional support, also allowing them to build confidence and skill sets when it comes to gaining and maintaining employment upon their release.
About the Role
The General Manager of Tarrengower Prison is responsible for the creation of an environment that supports rehabilitation, a good order and safety of the prison and for creating and sustaining a workforce culture built on solid values, professional excellence, and teamwork. They will implement and manage all aspects of the strategic and day-to-day operations of the prison. Through delivering correctional services that are gender responsive and consistent with Trauma Informed Practice Tarrengower Prison plays a critical role in supporting women transition back into the community at the completion of their sentence.
The General Manager is to foster a safe and supportive culture and develop a structured day in which prisoners are constructively engaged and challenged through the Offender Management Framework to address their individual risks and needs in order to promote the best prospects of rehabilitation.
Reporting to the Assistant Commissioner, Custodial Operations, the General Manager leads and manages the delivery of correctional services at the prison to achieve the safe custody, welfare and rehabilitation of prisoners in accordance with relevant policies and standards. The General Manager is responsible for driving the prison towards achieving its vision and direction in line with legislation and through a human rights lens, identifying and responding to emerging strategic issues and developing and implementing business plans. The General Manager will be integral to driving implementation of reforms at Tarrengower Prison stemming from the Independent Cultural Review of the Adult Custodial Corrections System. They will also be responsible for the successful transition of a new public health provider and a new health services model into the facility.
In addition, to be successful in this role you will bring:
- Operational experience gained in prisons, social welfare, clinical and other relevant complex human services operational environments, noting that prior custodial experience isn't mandatory;
- Strong leadership and communication skills to ensure staff development and engagement;
- The ability to manage the prison financial budget against annual targets as well as forecast budget risks, and implement resource control measures in line with a culture of financial responsibility and improvement within the prison management team;
- Strong external relationship management;
- Ability to act in a timely and effective manner in managing day to day incidents/ emergency situations in accordance with the legislation through a human rights lens.
Corrections Victoria operates Victoria's adult prison system, seeking to provide safe and secure
environments that deliver programs and services supporting prisoner rehabilitation. Corrections
Victoria runs 11 public prisons, one transition centre, and oversees three privately operated prisons. Corrections Victoria aims to contribute to community safety by providing best practice interventions that aim to reduce the risk of reoffending, including case management informed by sound risk assessment, offence specific and offence related programs, and transition and reintegration supports.
- Pre-employment Security Check (Declaration Form);
- National Police Record and Fingerprints Check and International Police Clearance (if applicable);
- VicRoads Information Check;
- Drivers Licence Check(s) (if applicable);
- 3 doses of an approved COVID vaccine.
To apply - please go to fisherleadership.com and click on ‘APPLY ONLINE' using reference DOJgmt0223, addressing your cover letter and resume, capturing key selection criteria to David Baber and Dani White of Fisher Leadership, or call 1300 347 437 for further information.
|Location:||North West - Central Goldfields|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Prison and Corrective Services|
|Salary Range:||$122,686 - $159,221|
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2023|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
1300 347 437